So I was just thinking today and You know when I was a kid if you wanted to get yourself out there on the internet you had to learn HTML atleast and build yourself a website then came blogging. Which still used some html and css and other such codeing that you "could" learn to make your blog look a lil more interesting.
Then came Myspace which allowed for you to use HTML and CSS to edit your page and make cool backgrounds to which people responded by simply cutting and pasting someone else's work. And now we have Facebook .... no need to learn anything just create an account and boom start putting up your life on the internet pictures songs text all that fun stuff right.
Now it is next to impossible to find a free web hosting site (anyone else remember geocities). I had a webpage that I maintained for 10 yrs and then Yahoo did away with Geocities and now its gone. Grrrr...Now when I want to create a new page and play around with HTML and what not, I can't find a Free web hosting site that uses html editors its all click here drag this there wheres the fun in that.
In conclusion although I like most people use social networking and I'm not saying its a bad thing by any means to do so. It has killed fun web design for people that just wanna play with it and now web design has become rampant with laziness. I know for some people its hard to learn something like HTML or JAVA or Flash so clicking and dragging to build a webpage has become a necessity for small buisness people that want to get out there but don't have time to learn but come on you would have so much more pride in your page and so much more control if you just took the time to learn even simple HTML. I know I'm Just ranting but it bugs me.
No comments:
Post a Comment